The need / what is the problem?
Teams often miss the opportunity to be set-up for success. They get assigned as a group and asked to act as a team without explicit team contracts.
The outcome is either under-performance, misunderstandings, isolation of few members and a general frustration.
The target audience / circumstance: Senior managers founding mission-critical teams or teams with operational challenges, e.g., team with recognized operational inefficiencies.
Using the team set-up, building and coaching approach by the 3C³ coach these symptoms are avoided right from the beginning. Team members will start with bringing in their individual strengths, interests and “important to know about me”.
Team set-up, building and coaching is typically delivered through the following: preparation call, kick-off meeting (1-2 days), up to 4 follow up calls of 60-90 minutes during the following 6-9 months
- Identification of team members (some preparation coaching is optional)
- Using of Drexler/Sibbet Model (why I am here, who I am, what are my goals, how to achieve goals) or team performance assessment
- Definition of a team identity
- Identification of individual and collective strengths
- Definition of team ground rules
- Definition of objectives
- Definition of team KPIs
- Regular follow up based on the plan and KPIs
The success / results
- Teams following this program have got the right mutual understanding and trust level that was required for being a powerful team.
- Also teams with challenges, have un-knotted team challenges and turned those into productive learning experiences.
- Last teams are having more continuity and less fire-fighting due to some challenges